Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into The Carat Shop Ltd’s prize draw (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by The Carat Shop Ltd, registered in England Company no. 05719733. (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry. For entrants aged 18 and under, a legal guardian’s permission will be required in order to participate in this Promotion run by The Carat Shop Ltd. If the entrant aged under 18 is the winner of this Promotion, the prize will be sent to their legal guardian.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 13:00 on Friday 16th October 2020 until 13:00 on Saturday 31st October 2020.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Liking the competition posts, following @thecaratshop, finding the Aragog Charm on the product page on their website (www.thecaratshop.co.uk) and DMing @thecaratshop ”I found Aragog on (product name)”. There is no restriction on the number of entries that an eligible person can make, entrants are allowed to enter this Promotion on Facebook and Instagram only.
7. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. No other form of entry other than the ones stated above are permitted.
8. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: A sterling silver Aragog Necklace and charm.
9. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: One winner will be chosen at random from correctly submitted entries, via a randomised computer selection process. There will only be one winner from Instagram.
10. You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
11. The winner of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by direct message either through Instagram, within seven  working days of the competition closing date.
12. The winner will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within ten  working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner receive their prizes within thirty  days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within thirty  days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. Promoter’s decision is final, and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
13. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages, in advertising for The Carat Shop at no cost.
14. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
16. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
17. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrant’s own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.