Here at The Carat Shop, our ultimate goal, is to ensure we are working in the most ethical and responsible way possible, in all aspect of our business. With these principals at the forefront of our decision-making process, we have taken the approach to reduce the impact our business has on the environment.
Much progress has been made in the development of sustainable packaging materials and we have been exploring alternative products in line with the above.
Steps we are taking to reduce our Carbon Footprint
- The re design of gift boxes to use, where possible, card sourced
from FSC card products, slimmer box designs and mat finish on
printing (instead of gloss lamination to reduce plastic use).
- Reduce our consumption of single use plastic and PET boxes.
- Replace foam inserts with Fair Trade, cotton gift pouches.
- If there is ever an absolute need for plastic, we will endeavour
to use only recyclable plastic.
- Revise our shipping procedures - using recyclable envelopes and
recyclable, reusable and biodegradable bubble wrap.
- Re using old shipping cartons or responsibly recycle.
- Use of paper gummed tape instead of brown packaging plastic